"And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then I said, Here am I; send me." -Isaiah 6:8

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An introduction

I am Effie Bates from the lovely Hill Country of South Texas. I was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, but by the age of nine months I was moved down to Kerrville, Texas. I am currently a first year student at TCU, but transfered in enough hours that technically this semester I could be considered a sophomore. I am a Movement Science Major with the hopes of becoming a physical therapist. I have a great passion for sports. I grew up on the soccer field and in the gym hitting a volleyball around. My father was very involved in my sports careers from coaching me when I was little in the local soccer leagues, to the advice before and after a game I would receive from him. I have been raised a Christian and am one by choice. I have also been raised hunting and fishing. I love the great outdoors and love to spend my free time there. I have grown up in a church down in Fredericksburg, Texas where my grandfather was the pastor. I actually found TCU through a girl who graduated from here that I went to church with. She basically convinced me that I would thrive better here than at Texas A&M which is where I was set on going since about birth. If I was made Chancellor of TCU, I do not believe I would have much to change. I would probably just implement some new traditions and make sure that TCU was well advertised to the high schools all over Texas and even all the other states. I feel a good teacher is someone who cares enough to be willing to help, but also makes the students learn how to do it themselves. A good student is one who strives for perfection but is not afraid of failure. Three things to know about me would be that I am a morning person and very optimistic, I am a Christian, and I am an athlete at heart but not an athlete for TCU. I am taking this course because yes it is required, but it sounded to me like the most interesting out of the literature courses. I hope to gain a further knowledge of how children were viewed back in the nineteenth century and how the authors tended to write. I read for my classes, but unfortunately am very busy outside of class so my outside reading is limited to my Bible. I primarily e-mail and text, I mean I am a teenager. I would say my blog shows I am very lighthearted by the light colors on my page. It shows that I have school spirit seeing as my profile picture is from the bowl game our football team just played in and I was fortunate enough to attend. I show my roots in my introduction and show that I am a true to heart Texas girl. In the class I hope to bring interesting discussions to the table and look at things in all different kinds of perceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment